25 November 2013

pop up shop at The Art Room


This year I've begun working at The Art Room which runs art classes and workshops for adults, and is located in the Cotton Mills in Footscray (Melbourne).  I'm teaching photography for beginners and some workshops, plus I'm also working behind the scenes such as redesigning the website.

For this years Maribyrnong Open Studios, The Art Room hosted a fantastic day with lots of events.  There was an exhibition of the students work, a free drawing workshop, you could meet the teachers and find out about the upcoming classes, and a pop up shop of my work and Merryn Trevethan's new home wares range Stochastica.

Teaching is something I never ever thought I'd be confident doing but I was brave and tried it, and surprisingly I really enjoyed it!  I'm looking forward to teaching some more next year, and if you have any suggestions for workshops you'd like me to teach please let me know.

Places to classes are limited to if you'd like to join The Art Room's mailing list please do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. x