22 April 2015

Trent Parke


There was a documentary on photographer Trent Parke on ABC last night which was about his current show The Black Rose at the Art Gallery of South Australia.

Some thoughts...
I was super happy ABC was working (it's usually a black screen for us for some reason)
I wish it went for an hour, half an hour wasn't enough
I thoroughly enjoyed it, the doco flowed beautifully
It's always so fascinating to get an insight into how an artist works
There was a photograph he shot of a road at night which has stayed with me, I can't find it on the interwebs so I think I need his book
I think Trent Parke is in a league of his own, his work is so unique
His work makes me feel... that lurch, skating on the edge of bursting into tears

And I leave in awe of his work, wanting to create more, to focus on creating work that is driven from my core, overwhelmed.

You can watch the program on ABC here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. x