07 August 2013

Book | Film | Painting


One day when I was clicking around the internet I stumbled across Stuart Pilkington's project he curated called Someone I Know.  He had given selected artists the brief of photographing someone they know and I love the simplicity of this, and how beautifully everyone's images work together.  I emailed Stuart, and later he wrote to ask if I'd like to be involved in his next curated project Book Film Painting and create an image responding to either a book, film, or painting.  I chose Rachel Power's book The Divided Heart: art and motherhood and created the above image of my eldest. 

Geek speak: I shot it on a Nikon FE with 28mm lens on Fuji film, and it's a double exposure created in-camera.

and check out the accompanying Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. x